Vacancy – Accounting Manager
MatchingVisions is currently looking for an Accountant to join the team.
Matching Visions is a leading Affiliate Network within the Igaming Industry. Our mission is to help people make the right decisions in a complex iGaming World, through our digital brands. We want our brands to be independent, innovative and fast. We enable synergies. We nurture talent. We inspire confidence.
As the Accounting Manager, you will:
- Be based in our Malta premises situated in Portomaso Marina St Julians, where you will be part of an accounting department supporting the group operations to deliver targets in line with our mission and vision.
- Develop and maintain adequate internal controls to safeguard the Group’s assets and ensuring internal and external financial reporting is prepared timely, true and fair to support our business.
- Be part of an excellent Finance team working closely with the Head of Finance and Group Financial Controller, forming part of Acroud AB which is listed on the Nasdaq Growth Market in Stockholm.
Key responsibilities include:
- Accounting team: Part of the Accounting team within the Finance department participating in the monthly and yearly closing processes including keeping deadlines in accordance with the group financial plan.
- Safeguarding assets: Develop and maintain adequate internal controls to safeguard the Group’s assets and to ensure the internal and external financial reporting is true and fair. Mapping key processes identifying and implementing controls and on yearly basis updating the Financial Guide (in dialogue with Financial Controller).
- Book-keeping: Responsible for the day-to-day book-keeping for Matching Visions Limited, ensuring book-keeping is in accordance with IFRS as adopted by the EU. Including monitoring for properly documented invoices or contractual agreements where required.
- Invoicing: Monitoring and assisting in the preparation of Invoices issued on a monthly basis to the clients of the company. Ensuring that Invoices are being issued properly and in time, in order to avoid any unnecessary delays. Moreover, on a quarterly basis responsible for reconciling deals on which revenue is calculated with agreements (on a sample basis).
- Reconciliation of accounts: Ensuring all accounts within the responsibility area are reconciled, have supporting documentation and “signed off” timely in accordance with a monthly financial plan. The Accounting Manager should, on monthly basis, “sign of” accounts in writing to ensure that there are no unexplained or unreconciled discrepancies.
- Payroll: Responsible for the bookkeeping in Accounting Software for payroll of all the group. Ensure book-keeping is in accordance with IFRS as adopted by the EU. This includes the responsibility for the accounting of monthly/quarterly/yearly bonuses for all legal entities. Also, ensuring proper authorisation is in place prior to the payment of bonuses.
- Allocation key and CAPEX: Responsible for payroll allocation keys in Accounting System and ensuring payroll related costs are allocated in accordance with budget/forecast. Responsible to ensure personnel costs related to development projects are capitalized in the balance sheet and signed supporting documents are received timely.
- Maintenance of Intangible Assets Registrar: Responsible to ensure that Intangible assets register is up to date and reconciles to the General Ledger in Business Central.
- Tax and Compliance: Responsible for preparing yearly tax computations for audit and financial statement purposes and liaising with tax consultants to ensure tax returns are submitted on time.
- Indirect Taxation: Responsible for the preparation of VAT Returns and VAT Recapitulative Statements
- Statutory Accounts: On a yearly basis assist in the preparation of the Statutory Accounts for Matching Visions Ltd in line with the financial plan.
- Accounting: Support Head of Finance in developing accounting papers and investigating potential accounting related considerations within IFRS areas and new upcoming accounting standards affecting internal and external reporting.
- Development projects: Participating and coordinating projects related to the finance department such as upgrading the finance system, mapping company processes, establishing financial guide, etc.
- Audit: Assisting in the yearly audit of the legal entity including coordination of audit and collecting material in accordance with PBC-lists, etc.
To be successful, you’ll bring with you:
- A Semi Qualified Accountant holding a minimum of 2 years experience;
- Positive energy and motivation to learn and deliver;
- Be self-motivated, meticulous and organized;
- Ability to work in a team and with tight deadlines;
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and spoken English;
- Previous experience in a similar position or with an Accounting Firm will be considered as an asset.